I love the way a quick change in pillows can brighten and energize a room, but just don’t have storage for three extra sets. Really, I don’t even know where I would put one extra set. Thank the decorating gods for pillow covers!
This should have been an afternoon project start to finish and I am almost embarrassed to tell you that it took me over a week. Everything I needed was on hand, but time and children often just refuse to cooperate for me.
One night I pulled out my fabric stash and started designing, then I had to serve supper. A few nights later I made a paper pattern (totally unnessary by the way) and cut everything out, then got hit by a big old dose of tired. Last night, I did the few operations that required my traditional machine and was high on the idea of finishing everything off, then I pulled out my serger and found that a certain preschooler had unthreaded it. Finally, this morning, I employed a little girl named Dora and her monkey pal Boots to entertain the girls while I rethreaded the serger and wrapped this project up.
Very simple! No zipper, just a deep overlap on the back panels to hold the pillow securely inside. Another interesting note about this project is that I am either out of or simply couldn’t find my double sided interacting, so I appliquéd the skull motif right onto the canvas backing. It took a million pins and some slow cornering, but it really wasn’t the mess I anticipated it being.