As a seasoned fiber artist and a fairly obsessive knitter, I like to think I have it all together (at least in the creative realm). My knitting/crocheting portfolio includes everything from sweaters to dolls and I usually believe there is nothing I can’t tackle.
So when my middle son (age 15) asked for a new watch cap, I didn’t think twice about choosing a unique pattern and getting started. The very pronounced rib is created by knitting in the back and creating a twisted stitch. I was loving the results until last night when it came time to reverse my work so that the rib started jutting off at an angle. From a distance it looks great, but up close…
Executing the turn was easier than I expected and is something I probably could have come up with myself if I had put a bit of thought in to it, but I obviously made a boo-boo. Now I’m stuck with this irksome hole. I absolutely despise ripping stitches when I knit, so I am hoping to minimize the damage when I block the hat. If that doesn’t work, I’ll have to get out my trusty crochet hooks and hobble together a patch.
I’ll give you an update when I blog the completed hat.