Once, a long time ago, I found the perfect table cloth. It was in my favorite little chairity shop (the kind you have to dig around in) and knowing me, I only spent a $2-3 on it. I bought it so long ago, I really have no idea what I spent on it anymore!
In one capacity or another, I used this table cloth for years. It looked great anywhere I put it and it was always ready to make me smile. In fact, I even painted the kitchen on my homestead specifically to match this table cloth.
As time went by, life happened. The table cloth was smudged with a bit of white paint, graced with a few small coffee stains, and then developed a hole. It was all getting to be too much, but still I couldn’t part with it. So, I folded it up and added it to my fabric stash, just sure that someday I would use it to construct something wonderful.
The first of my Christmas sewing is now complete and I couldn’t be happier with this upcycle. Now, my cheery table cloth will still be a part of my kitchen, but in the form of little aprons.
When I started this project I had a little diagram depicting the size and shape of each piece I needed to cut out. But as soon as I started working with the fabric, things got changed up a bit. I wanted to really use the pattern in the absolute best way possible, so I added an inch here, took off an inch there, etc. I had also intended to make them identicle, but durring the cutting stage decided to change the pattern placement on the bib. Later, almost on a whim, I also changed the construction of the skirts.