Last Monday morning, I woke up to a message announcing that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award. It was just the pick-me-up I needed after the weekend that had just unfolded. Thank you, Hira from Hira’s Cookshack (if you don’t know already, this lady has some mean recipes she shares-check it out).
I really had the best intentions to get on with my part of the deal immediately, but choosing eleven amazing blogs ended up being harder than I thought. Not for the lack of wonderful bloggers, but for the plethora of them. Then I had to determine if the blog was still small enough to qualify for the award.
Hira’s Questions are as follows:
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog? It was pretty easy. I am Sissy and I make stuff, hense “SissyMakes”. It is also a play on a name my husband uses for me that combines my names: SissyMacK.
2. Pick one word to describe the last book you read? DEEP
3. What is the weirdest dream you can remember having? When I was pregnant with my fifth child, I had a dream that I was giving the cat a bath and it turned into a baby.
4. What’s the most fascinating thing you’ve encountered this week? My two year old’s ability to aim and pee into which ever container she finds available at the time.
5. Why did you start blogging? It was a fun way to share what I love and to connect to other creative individuals.
6. What’s your biggest goal in life? Raise my children to be loving, creative, adventurous individuals and then retire with my husband to live in a van by the river ….no really, we want to live in a van by the river.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? The ability to not require sleep, I could get so much more done if I never got tired!
8. What’s your favorite thing to blog about? My makes!
9. If you could hang out with one character from a book or movie, who would you choose? Mrs. Weasley from Harry Potter
10. What is your life changing moment? The moment I decided that being me was more important than being who other people thought I should be.
11. What is the best compliment you have ever received? When people tell me my kids are great, it really puts things into perspective for me. Sometimes I feel like the youngest three are so out of control, but they are just figuring out their boundaries and getting to know themselves in a rather noisy way. With them being so close in age, it just get overwhelming sometimes.
***Eleven Random Facts About Me***
1. I am a Montana girl, but left in my teens and spent 15 years in the South before returning.
2. My favorite color is orange.
3. Salsa is my favorite food.
4. Nobody makes biscuits better than mine-except Bojangles.
5. I have completely useless degree in Fashion Design.
6. Tattoos are my big addiction.
7. If nobody else is around, I will spend all day watching cooking shows.
8. Wrestle Mania is my favorite holiday.
9. I don’t function before coffee.
10. Waste is my big pet peeve and I pride myself on being resourceful.
11. Goats are my favorite animal.
Now I get to nominate some of my favorite small blogs. I love following each of you and just want you all to know that you inspire me.
2. Wrong Doll
Now it’s my turn to ask the questions!
1. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What is your favorite creative medium?
4. What is your geeky secret? (I am a WWE fan)
5. How would you describe your style?
6. When did you start writing?
7. Why did you start writing?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
10. What was the last movie you watched?
11. Which continent do you live on?